Are you a Colorado resident who wants to bet on the Denver Broncos, Denver Nuggets, or Colorado Avalanche? If so, you will need an online sports betting account.
Using a sports betting app, also known as an online sportsbook, is required to place bets. Residents of the Rocky Mountain State can bet on sports at brick-and-mortar casinos or on their mobile phones or computers.
This guide will break down the best Colorado sports betting sites by comparing the total number of sports and bets offered, odds, live betting features, mobile apps, educational resources, ease of use, as well as current bonuses and promotions.
Best Online Sports Betting Apps in Colorado 2021
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Best Overall
- PointsBet – Best Bonuses and Promotions
- FanDuel – Best Live Betting
- BetMGM – Great Mobile App
- William Hill – Good Odds
- FOX Bet – Great Bet Variety
- SportsBetting.com – Good New Customer Promotions
Best Overall | Bet Now
20% Deposit Match, up to $1,000
DraftKings is the complete package for both new and experienced sports bettors and daily fantasy sports players. While the live betting, education, and mobile app are all great, I found the unique bets and pre-game statistics DraftKings offers to be the best in the state. Read full review
Best Bonuses and Promotions | Bet Now
$2,000 in Risk-Free Bets
PointsBet is going to be a game-changer for U.S. sports betting. The sportsbook combines traditional sports betting with a unique and, honestly, thrilling way to wager — points betting. With points betting your potential earnings (and losses) are multiplied by how many points you won or lost your bet. PointsBet is currently the only sportsbook in the U.S. that offers this twist on betting. Read full review
Best Live Betting | Bet Now
$1,000 Risk-Free Bet
Rattle off any feature you want in a sports betting app and it’s likely FanDuel Sportsbook has got it… and then some. From top-of-the-line live betting and an impressive laundry list of bet types and sports to industry-leading promotions, competitive odds, and innovative live play-by-play contests, FanDuel is a sportsbook for all bettors. Read full review
Great Mobile App | Bet Now
$600 Risk-Free Bet
Make no mistake, despite being a casino-based brand, MGM is all-in on online sports betting. The BetMGM app provides users with a wide collection of sports and bets to wager on, in addition to a full suite of casino and poker games (if available in your state). Read full review
Good Odds | Bet Now
$500 Risk-Free Bet
William Hill combines excellent odds and new customer bonus offers with an above-average mobile app. While I wish the sportsbook offered more education and ongoing promotions, there is a lot to like about William Hill. Read full review
Great Bet Variety | Bet Now
$500 Risk-Free Bet
While FOX Bet is an excellent option for online poker and casino games, FOX Bet will also satisfy most sports bettors thanks to its offering of sports, bet variety, promotions, and features. Read full review
Good New Customer Promotions | Bet Now
100% Deposit Match up to $300
SportsBetting.com may be one of the newer apps on the block, but it handles nearly as well as some of the more seasoned sportsbooks. The generous new-customer promotion — one of the best we’ve ever seen — easy-to-navigate app, robust lineup of props bets, daily odds boosts and sports news make it a solid pick for bettors of all experience levels. Read full review
Other Colorado Sportsbooks
In addition to our top seven Colorado sports betting apps for 2021, we reviewed two others. Here's our high-level takeaways for each. To dive deeper, read our reviews.
Best Odds | Bet Now
$500 Risk-Free Bet
theScore Bet, the betting app from theScore sports news site, wins points for a stylish and intuitive mobile app that even beginners will have no trouble navigating. But the sportsbook falls short in terms of variety of bets, live bets and bonuses. The biggest whiff of all: a huge missed opportunity to really integrate the trove of sports information offered by its outstanding parent app. Read full review
Good Bet Variety | Bet Now
100% Deposit Match up to $250
BetRivers has the foundation of a great sports betting site. It’s one of the premier services for live betting, has a wide variety of sports (the most of any app), and offers great promotions. Mobile bettors, however, will find the slow and clunky app a frustrating user experience. Read full review
Best Betting Odds in Colorado
To determine which Colorado sports betting sites offer the best odds, I recorded and analyzed data from hundreds of games for spread, moneyline, and total bets. The sportsbooks that provide the best odds for each sport are listed below.
|NFL Moneyline||Best||Average||Below Average||Average||Good||Average||N/A|
|NFL Spread||Below Average||Below Average||Good||Below Average||Average||Good||N/A|
|NFL Total||Below Average||Below Average||Average||Below Average||Average||Good||N/A|
|NBA Moneyline||Average||Average||Average||Average||Best||Below Average||Below Average|
|NBA Spread||Below Average||Good||Best||Average||Average||Best||Below Average|
|NBA Total||Below Average||Average||Average||Average||Average||Good||Below Average|
|NHL Moneyline||Best||Average||Below Average||Average||Good||Worst||Average|
|NHL Total||Below Average||Average||Good||Below Average||Average||Worst||Below Average|
|Soccer Moneyline||Average||Average||Below Average||Good||Average||Below Average||Best|
|NCAAF Moneyline||Below Average||Below Average||Average||Average||Good||Good||N/A|
Here is a comparison of deposit options amongst top CO sports betting apps.
|Total Deposit Methods||8||8||4||8||5||7||2|
|Deposit Min/Max - Debit/Credit Card||$5/$2,000||$10/Varies||$5/Varies||$0/Varies||$20/$1,000||$10/Varies||N/A|
|Deposit Min/Max - PayPal||$5/$2,000||$10/Varies||$5/Varies||$10/Varies||$5||$10/Varies||N/A|
|Online Bank Transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Here is a comparison of withdrawal options amongst top CO sports betting apps.
|Minimum Withdrawal||$1 - $15||None Listed||None Listed||$10||$20||$10||$10|
|Total Withdrawal Methods||4||4||2||6||6||5||2|
|Withdrawal Min/Max - PayPal||$5/Varies||None listed||$5/Varies||$10/Varies||$20||$10/$8,300||N/A|
|Online Bank Transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Prepaid Gift Card||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
Colorado Sports Betting Timeline
Here is a short timeline of how Colorado sports betting became a reality:
- 2019 - Governor Jared Polis signed House Bill 1327 on May 30th, 2019. House bill 1327 was written to allow Coloradans to bet on sports online with their phone or computer and at casinos in Blackhawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek. On November 5th, Residents of Colorado voted on whether or not to legalize sports betting. Only 1.5 million people voted, with 51.41% of votes going to legalize sports betting.
- 2020 - Sports betting launched in Colorado on May 1st, despite most sports being postponed or canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As of October, there are 16 online sports betting sites available in Colorado. Colorado has the second-most online sports betting apps to choose from, trailing behind New Jersey (17).
Best Colorado Sportsbooks Summary
Below is a summary of the best online sportsbooks currently available in Colorado.
|Sportsbook||Minimum Deposit||Sports & Bets Offered||Odds||Mobile Betting||Bonuses & Promotions||Live Betting||Overall||Bet Now|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||$5||Bet Now|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|William Hill||$5||Bet Now|
|FOX Bet||$10||Bet Now|
|theScore Bet||$10||Bet Now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|Elite Sportsbook||Not listed||N/A|
DraftKings Sportsbook Colorado Summary 2021
DraftKings is the complete package for both new and experienced sports bettors. The variety of sports and bets offered, the outstanding education and statistics, and the unique live betting experience makes DraftKings a winner in 2021. /redirect/60affd896bfa095a66787c91?ref=guide&broker=draftkings-sportsbook&page=/guides/colorado-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $5
DraftKings Sportsbook Pros
1) DraftKings offers the widest variety of bets I’ve seen so far from a sportsbook. DraftKings offers betting pools, daily fantasy sports, instant bets, and a Sports Betting National Championship contest in addition to all standard bet types.
2) While DraftKings provides top-notch mobile betting and live betting, I was most impressed by the sportsbook’s pre-game statistics and betting trends. DraftKings is in a class of its own in this category, giving users statistics, injuries, team standings, and betting insights to make informed bets. No other sportsbooks offer the same quality or quantity of useful pre-game information.
3) Daily promotions are available for customers, including profit boosts, risk-free bets, and parlay insurance, amongst others.
DraftKings Sportsbook Cons
1) The welcome offer of a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 hasa 25X rollover, the highest of any welcome promotion I've seen.
PointsBet Colorado Summary 2021
PointsBet brings a new style of betting to the United States, and frankly, I'm a huge fan. The opportunity to try your hand at points betting — plus the killer new-customer and creative ongoing promotions — are convincing reasons to open a PointsBet account. Although live betting lacks a few features, the high-quality overall offering at PointsBet makes it one of the top sportsbooks in our book. /redirect/60affde26bfa097f2c787d0c?ref=guide&broker=pointsbet&page=/guides/colorado-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $5
1) PointsBet’s collection of bet types (PointsBetting, props, alternative lines, and especially custom bets) is second to none.
2) PointsBet offers the best welcome bonus, a $500 risk-free bet on fixed odds and a $1,500 risk-free bet on PointsBetting.
1) The live betting experience is rather bland, and lacks a lot of the cool features offered by other top sportsbooks.
FanDuel Sportsbook Colorado Summary 2021
FanDuel Sportsbook is an accomplished offering in every measurable way — and one we recommend for bettors at every experience level. Besides providing the full gamut of classic sports betting features, and a standout live betting experience, FanDuel is an innovator. (A must-see is the live, free-to-play PlayAction contest.) With its steady stream of new promotions, contests, and bet types, FanDuel has clearly staked its claim in the top echelon of sportsbooks./redirect/60b000e46bfa092e71787c91?ref=guide&broker=fanduelsportsbook&page=/guides/colorado-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $10
FanDuel Sportsbook Pros
1) The seemingly endless variety of bets and prop bets, daily fantasy sports, and free-to-play contests is what makes FanDuel Sportsbook one of the premier sports betting apps.
2) Bonuses and promotions are generous and plentiful — so much so that nearly every day we’re tempted to open the app to see what new and crazy incentives have been activated.
3) The must-see in FanDuel’s already impressive live and mobile betting game is the free-to-play PlayAction contests. It’s an exciting glimpse into the future of live betting.
FanDuel Sportsbook Cons
1) Odds are not as competitive as other sportsbooks.
What Colorado Casinos Offer in Person Sports Betting?
Residents of Colorado can bet on sports in-person at the following locations. You can bet at any of these casinos regardless of what mobile app(s) you use and vice versa. This list was updated in July of 2020; I fully expect more casinos to roll out sports betting as the year progresses.
- Isle Casino - Black Hawk
- Lady Luck Casino - Black Hawk
- Golden Mardi Gras - Black Hawk
- Monarch Casino - Black Hawk
- Saratoga Casino - Black Hawk
- Century Casino - Central City
- Brass Ass Casino - Central City
- Bronco Billy’s - Central City
- Colorado Grande - Cripple Creek
- Johnny Nolon's - Cripple Creek
- Wildwood Casino - Cripple Creek
How do I bet online in Colorado?
- 1. Create an account. Every online sportsbook has an online website as well as a mobile app. To create an account on the app or website, you will need your name, address, phone number, and email address. Some sportsbooks might ask for more information such as social security number; which is normal.
- 2. Fund the account. Deposit money into your newly created account. In Colorado, standard banking methods include credit/debit cards, PayPal, ACH (e-check), Bank Transfers, Play+ Cards, and PayNearMe.
- 3. Add your bet(s) to the betslip. To do this, click on the bet that you want to place.
- 4. Select the wager amount. Enter the amount of money you want to wager. The bet slip will display your total wager and potential payout. Keep in mind, the potential payout includes the money that you are wagering. For example, in the screenshot below, you are betting $10 to win $8.80. Thus, the potential payout is $18.80 (total wager $10 + potential winnings $8.80).
- 5. Finalize the bet. Place your bet and set an alarm for game time!
What types of gambling are legal in Colorado?
Colorado has a modest selection of online gaming products to choose from. Here are the forms of gambling legal in Colorado:
- Online Sports Betting - Legal
- Online Horse Betting - Legal
- Daily Fantasy Sports - Legal
- iGaming (online slots) - Not Legal
- Online Poker - Not Legal
- Online Lottery - Not Offered
- Offshore Sportsbooks - Not Legal
Popular Colorado Sports Teams
Colorado has five professional sports teams in the Rocky Mountain State. Residents of Colorado can bet on all professional and collegiate sports, which include all of the following professional teams:
- Denver Broncos (NFL) Team Website // Schedule // News
- Denver Nuggets (NBA) Team Website // Schedule // News
- Colorado Avalanche (NHL) Team Website // Schedule // News
- Colorado Rapids (MLS) Team Website // Schedule // News
- Colorado Rockies (MLB) Team Website // Schedule // News
What sports leagues can I bet on in Colorado?
Almost all domestic and international leagues are available to bet on with Colorado sportsbooks:
- Football - NFL, NCAA, CFL
- Basketball - NBA, NCAA, WNBA, International Leagues
- Soccer - English Premier League, MLS, International Leagues
- Baseball - MLB + International Leagues
- Hockey - NHL + International Leagues
- Golf - PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, International Leagues
- Tennis - All Major U.S. Tournaments + International Matches
- Other Sports - UFC/MMA, Motor Sports, Boxing, Cricket, etc.
How to Read Odds
Odds represent the likelihood of an outcome occurring. In sports betting, each team is assigned odds that represent the likelihood of them winning the game. American odds are what you will see displayed on every U.S. sportsbook and sports betting app.
The first thing you will notice when reading odds will be that:
- Odds have either a plus or minus in front of them.
- Odds are in terms of 100.
Betting Odds are written in terms of 100 as an industry standard. The easiest way to think of the plus and minus signs is as follows: If it is a plus, you will receive more than a $100 payout on a $100 bet. If it is a minus, you will have to bet more than $100 to win a $100 payout.
Thankfully, you can view your potential winnings on each bet before placing it at an online sportsbook. That said, it is beneficial to understand the betting odds.
Keep in mind for both spreads and totals, if the game ends in a draw for the bet, you get your stake back but do not win or lose any additional money.
What is a Moneyline bet?
A moneyline bet is a wager on which team will win the game outright. Both the favorite and the underdog are given odds to win the game. View sample bet slip.
|Moneyline Odds||How to Read it||What it Means|
|Lions +130||Lions plus 130||By betting $100 you will win $130 if the Lions win|
|Packers -150||Packers minus 150||To win $100, you must wager $150 on the Packers to win|
What is a Spread bet?
A spread bet is a wager on which team will cover the spread or point spread. Underdogs will be given additional points with the spread, while the favorite will have to win by a certain amount of points to cover the spread. View sample bet slip.
|Spread Odds||How to Read it||What it Means|
|Lakers + 5 (-110)||Lakers plus 5 points at minus 110 odds||The Lakers must win the game, or lose by less than 5 for you to win your bet|
|Rockets -5 (-110)||Rockets minus 5 points at minus 110 odds||The Rockets must win the game by more than 5 points for you to win your bet. A tie is a push, meaning you don't win or lose.|
What is an Over/Under (Total) bet?
An over/under bet focuses on how many points are scored, regardless of who wins the game. After a total point score has been set, bettors can wager whether the game's actual score will be over or under the preset point score. View sample bet slip.
|Total Odds||How to Read it|
|Over 7 (-115)||In order to win $100, you must bet $115 on the overall combined run score to be higher than 7|
|Under 7 (-110)||In order to win $100, you must wager $110 on the total combined run score to be less than 7|
More of a visual person? Here's a YouTube video covering moneyline, spread, and total bets.
What is a Parlay bet?
A parlay bet is a group of bets, typically spread, moneyline, or total bets, combined into one bet to increase the payout odds. Every separate bet must win to win a parlay bet. View example bet slip.
What is a Future bet?
A futures bet is a bet on an event that takes place in days, weeks, or months. The most common future bets are placed on what team will win the finals before the season starts. View example bet slip.
What are Bonus Rollover Requirements?
Rollover requirements are requirements bettors MUST fulfill before they can withdraw the bonus money. Each type of bonus has different terms and conditions, which you should examine before accepting.
Rollover requirements for sports betting often range between 1X-10X, with some extreme requirements going all the way up to 15X. For example, let’s say you deposit $100 and receive a $50 bonus with a 5X rollover. Before you can withdraw the $50 in bonus funds, you have to wager $750 (($100 + $50)x5). Clearly, the $50 bonus is a lot harder to obtain if you don’t bet frequently.
This table gives you an idea of how much you will have to wager before withdrawing your bonus at multiple rollover rates. We will assume each deposit made is $100.
|Bonus Percentage ($100 Deposit)||Bonus Amount||Bonus Withdrawal with 1X Rollover||Bonus Withdrawal with 3X Rollover||Bonus Withdrawal with 5X Rollover||Bonus Withdrawal with 10X Rollover|
|25% Deposit Match||$25||(100+25)x1 = $125||(100+25)x3 = $375||(100+25)x5 = $625||(100+25)x10 = $1,250|
|50% Deposit Match||$50||(100+50)x1 = $150||(100+50)x3 = $450||(100+50)x5 = $750||(100+50)x10 = $1,500|
|100% Deposit Match||$100||(100+100)x1 = $200||(100+100)x3 = $600||(100+100)x5 = $1,000||(100+100)x10 = $2,000|
Is Sports Betting Legal in CO (Colorado)?
Sports betting is legal in Colorado at retail locations and online. On November 5th, 2019, residents of Colorado voted to legalize sports betting.
How old do you have to be to bet on sports in Colorado?
Anybody who is 21 years or older can bet on sports in Colorado. As long as you are 21 and within state lines, you do not have to be a resident of Colorado to bet on sports.
If you live in Colorado and travel to a state that does not have legal betting, you will not be able to bet. Your phone or laptop uses geo-technology to make sure you are within state lines. The only people prohibited from betting on sports include athletes, coaches, refs, and other related personnel.
Do you have to pay taxes on sports betting in CO?
According to the IRS, “Gambling winnings are fully taxable, and you must report the income on your tax return.” Form W-2G is used to report gambling winnings and gambling losses, which may be deduced if adequately itemized.
For online gambling winnings, residents must send in Form W-2G when certain winning thresholds are reached. For example, if a player wins more than $600 or at least 300 times the wager amount, the form must be filled out.
Is it legal to bet on horse racing in Colorado?
It is legal to bet on horse racing in Colorado. Residents can bet with legal online providers such as TVG, BetAmerica, and TwinSpires. You can not bet on horses from Colorado sportsbooks, except for BetAmerica, which offers different websites for its sports betting and horse racing products. BetAmerica does not currently offer sports betting to residents of Colorado.
Does Colorado offer an online lottery?
No, Colorado does not currently offer any online lottery games or tickets.
Is DraftKings sportsbook legal in Colorado?
DraftKings is a safe and legal sports betting option for residents of Colorado. DraftKings obtained its license from Golden Gulch Casino.
Is FanDuel sportsbook legal in Colorado?
FanDuel is a safe and legal sports betting option for residents of Colorado. FanDuel obtained its license from Golden Gates Casino.
Is Bovada legal in Colorado?
Bovada, BetOnline, and MyBookie are considered offshore sportsbooks and are illegal. These sportsbooks are not approved by the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission, which regulates all legal Colorado sportsbooks.
For Moneyline.com’s annual best online sportsbooks review, we collected more than 36,000 data points over five months from 20 sportsbooks that serve 11 states where full-scale mobile betting is legalized. Hundreds of hours were spent testing and scoring each sportsbook (mobile and online/desktop) in seven core categories: sports and bets offered, odds, live betting, mobile betting, education, ease of use, and bonuses and promotions. The results determined each sportsbook’s overall rating.
Data from more than 1,700 bets (including moneyline, spread and total bets) was used to generate each sportsbook’s comparative odds ranking. Leagues and bet types collected include NCAA football moneyline bets, NCAA basketball moneyline bets, NFL moneyline, spread and total bets, NBA spread, moneyline and total bets, NHL moneyline, puckline and total bets, and soccer 3-way result (moneyline) bets. When collecting odds, we made sure to collect the same games at the same time for each sportsbook, ensuring data accuracy.
About Moneyline.com’s chief sportsbook researcher, Joey Shadeck: I’ve been a hobby sports bettor for more than six years, placing hundreds of bets on my favorite sports (football, basketball, MMA) and teams (Packers, Spartans, and whoever is playing the Lions). Beyond sports betting, I’m known for saying “Wanna bet on it?” in almost any situation and that is how I found out I can eat 42 chicken nuggets in less than 20 minutes.
As of February 2021, 22 different states have legalized sports betting to some capacity. Of those 22 states, the following 11 have legalized full-scale mobile betting: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada (must register in-person), New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
Learn more about how we test.