Best Michigan (MI) Online Sports Betting Apps 2021
Are you a Michigan resident who wants to bet on the Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings, or Michigan Wolverines winning their next game? If so, you will need an online sports betting account.
Using a sports betting app, also known as an online sportsbook, is required to place bets. Sports betting at brick-and-mortar casinos has been legal in Michigan since March 2020, while online sports betting through a mobile app or computer launched in January of 2021. Anyone who is 21 years or older can bet on sports as long as they are within state lines.
This guide will break down the best Michigan sports betting sites by comparing the total number of sports and bets offered, odds, live betting features, mobile apps, educational resources, ease of use, as well as current bonuses and promotions.
Best Michigan Sports Betting Apps in 2021
Based on over 34,000 data points and over 100 hours of testing here are our top online sportsbooks in Michigan.
20% Deposit Match, up to $1,000
DraftKings is the complete package for both new and experienced sports bettors and daily fantasy sports players. While the live betting, education, and mobile app are all great, I found the unique bets and pre-game statistics to be the best in the state. Read full review
- Top-notch mobile betting, live betting, education, and statistics.
- Awesome bonuses + promos.
- #1 overall sportsbook.
- Below-average odds on NHL total bets, NBA total and spread bets and NFL total and spread bets.
Best bonuses and promotions
$2,000 in Risk-Free Bets
PointsBet combines traditional sports betting with a unique and, honestly, thrilling way to wager — points betting. With points betting your potential earnings (and losses) are multiplied by how many points you won or lost your bet. Read full review
- Two risk-free bets up to $2,000.
- Only sportsbook to offer points betting.
- Excellent education and blog.
- Live betting is limited.
- Below average odds on soccer moneyline bets.
Best live betting
$1,000 Risk-Free Bet
From top-of-the-line live betting and an impressive laundry list of bet types and sports to industry-leading promotions, competitive odds, and innovative live play-by-play contests, FanDuel is a sportsbook for all bettors. Read full review
- App is one of the best for navigation, appearance, and bet slip building.
- Risk-free bet up to $1,000.
- Typically well over 100 bets to pick from for most sporting events.
- Below average odds on NFL games.
- Casino games take longer.
Best for Stoolies
$1,000 Risk-Free Bet
Online sports betting got a lot more entertaining late last year when Barstool Sportsbook entered the field. Brand loyalists will get a kick out of the Barstool-themed bet types and promotions concocted by the company’s personalities. Read full review
- "Betting with Barstool" is unique.
- Risk-free bet up to $1,000.
- The mobile app is one of my favorites.
- Minimal education is available.
- Live betting lacks common features.
- Below average odds on spread and total bets.
Great mobile app
$600 Risk-Free Bet
Make no mistake, despite being a casino-based brand, MGM is all-in on online sports betting. The BetMGM app provides users with a wide collection of sports and bets to wager on, in addition to a ton of casino and poker games (if available in your state). Read full review
- Promotions are generous.
- Sports betting, casino games, and poker are available.
- Hundreds of bets are listed for most games, including dozens of prop bets.
- Educational content can be improved.
- BetMGM offers below-average odds.
William Hill combines excellent odds and new customer bonus offers with an above-average mobile app. While I wish the sportsbook offered more education and ongoing promotions, there is a lot to like about William Hill. Read full review
- Excellent odds.
- Wide variety of promotions.
- Easy to use mobile app.
- Casino games are limited.
Best for poker players
While FOX Bet is an excellent option for online poker and casino games, FOX Bet will also satisfy most sports bettors thanks to its offering of sports, bet variety, promotions, and features. Read full review
- FOX Bet offers a great selection of bets, including custom bets, daily odds boosts, and team and player props.
- Sports betting, casino games, and online poker in one app.
- FOX Bet offers limited education.
- Promotions aren't as abundant.
Other Michigan Sportsbooks
In addition to our top seven Michigan sports betting apps for 2021, we reviewed three others. Here's our high-level takeaways for each. To dive deeper, read our reviews.
Good bet variety
100% Deposit Match up to $250
BetRivers has the foundation of a great sports betting site. It’s one of the premier services for live betting, has a wide variety of sports (the most of any app), and offers great promotions. Mobile bettors, however, will find the slow and clunky app a frustrating user experience. Read full review
- 100% first-deposit match (up to $250), with a 1X rollover.
- Live betting is excellent.
- Offers obscure sports such as futsal.
- There are different mobile apps for each state BetRivers operates in.
- Odds are average.
Best for casino players
100% Casino Match, up to $1,000
Golden Nugget is a good online casino and sports betting combination. While the odds and bet variety are competitive, I found the mobile app and selection of bonuses were too focused on casino games to recommend Golden Nugget as a primary sports betting option. Read full review
- Good odds on NHL moneyline bets and NBA spread bets.
- Hundreds of casino games available.
- App opens in the casino section.
- Usability can be enhanced.
- Bonuses and promotions geared towards casino players.
Easy to use, limited education
WynnBET is a completely serviceable sports betting app, which is to say that it’s fine on all the basics, but overwhelmingly average compared to the features you’ll find on the top betting apps. Read full review
- Mobile app is easy to use.
- First-deposit bonuses are great.
- No educational content is available.
- Poor odds on most sports.
- No ongoing promotions.
Best Michigan Online Sportsbooks Summary
Below is a summary of the best online sportsbooks currently available in Michigan.
|Sportsbook||Minimum Deposit||Sports & Bets Offered||Odds||Mobile Betting||Bonuses & Promotions||Live Betting||Overall||Bet Now|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||$5||Bet Now|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|Barstool Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|William Hill||$5||Bet Now|
|FOX Bet||$10||Bet Now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||$10||Bet Now|
|Golden Nugget||$10||Bet Now|
Can you legally bet on sports in Michigan?
Yes, you can legally bet on sports in Michigan online and at casinos. Michiganders are able to bet from their phones or laptops at each of the 12 approved sports betting apps or at almost all of the 26 casinos throughout the Great Lakes State.
Sports betting at casinos became legal in March 2020 while online sports betting became legal in January 2021. Online casino games and online poker are also legal in Michigan, making it one of the few states to have legalized all three forms of online gambling.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed bipartisan House bills signed bipartisan House Bills 4311-12, 4916-18, 4307 and 4308 into law on Dec. 20, 2019, legalizing Internet gaming and sports betting through the state’s casinos. Revenue from online gaming and sports betting will support the school aid fund and First Responder Presumed Coverage Fund.
No-Brainer Bets Daily Newsletter
Where can I bet on sports in Michigan?
There are 12 online sportsbooks and over 20 casinos that offer sports betting in Michigan. As long as you are within state lines you can use any of the 12 online sportsbooks. Here's a full list of all the online and retail locations where you can bet on sports in Michigan.
|Online Sportsbook||Casino Partner||Casino Location||Sportsbook at Casino?||Sportsbook Specs|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Greektown Casino||Detroit||✔️||4 Betting windows, 40 betting kiosks, 25 TVs|
|BetMGM||MGM Grand Detroit||Detroit||✔️||6 Betting windows, 35 betting kiosks, 60 TVs|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||MotorCity Casino Hotel||Detroit||✔️||6 Betting windows, 54 betting kiosks, 67 TVs|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Bay Mills Resort & Casino||Brimley||✔️||Coming soon|
|WynnBet||Kewadin Casinos||Multiple||✔️||Limited kiosks, TVs|
|William Hill||Leelanau Sands Casino||Suttons Bay||✔️||Betting kiosks, TVs|
|BetRivers||Little River Casino and Resort||Manistee||✔️||Betting windows, 12 betting kiosks, TVs, restauraunt|
|PointsBet||Northern Waters Casino Resort||Watersmeet||✔️||Not listed|
|FOX Bet||Odawa Casino Resort||Petoskey||✔️||Betting windows, betting kiosks, TVs|
|William Hill||Turtle Creek Casino and Hotel||Williamsburg||✔️||Betting kiosks, TVs|
|BetAmerica/TwinSpires||Island Resort & Casino||Bark River||✔️||Betting windows, 14 betting kiosks, TVs|
|Parx||Gun Lake Casino||Wayland||✔️||Betting windows, TVs|
|TBD||FireKeepers Casino Hotel||Battle Creek||✔️||3 Betting windows, betting kiosks, TVs, restauraunt|
|TBD||Four Winds Casinos||Multiple||✔️||Betting Kiosks|
|Golden Nugget||Ojibwa Casino - Marquette||Marquette, Baraga||❌||❌|
|TBD||Saganing Eagles Landing Casino||Standish||❌||❌|
|TBD||Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort||Mt. Pleasant||❌||❌|
|TBD||Kings Club Casino||Brimley||❌||❌|
Done reading? Here's a video recap of Michigan online sports betting
What Michigan sportsbook offers the best bonuses?
Currently PointsBet has the best welcome offer for new customers. New customers get a $500 risk-free bet and a risk-free PointsBetting bet, up to $1,500. Most other sportsbooks only offer one risk-free bet worth up to $500 or $1,000. The one drawback to PointsBet's welcome offer is that casual bettors might not want to take advantage of the risk-free PointsBetting bet, which is riskier than a normal fixed odds bet.
What DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus is available to Michigan residents?
All new Michigan DraftKings Sportsbook users have access to a 20% deposit match on their first deposits, up to $1,000. There is a 25X rollover requirement for this bonus, which means you have to wager the bonus amount 25 times before unlocking it. Bettors beware. This rollover requirement is the highest I've seen! Aside from the deposit match, new users can also bet $5 to win $200 on any NBA game.
DraftKings arguably has the best day-to-day promotions, cranking out new promos on what seems like a daily basis. The day-to-day promotions at DraftKings cater more towards the casual bettor, only requiring $5 - $20 bets, as opposed to $50 - $100 bets.
What FanDuel Sportsbook deposit bonus is available to Michigan residents?
FanDuel Sportsbook has a risk-free bet up to $1,000 for new customers. The $1,000 risk-free bet means that when you deposit at FanDuel and place your first bet, it will be refunded if it loses, up to $1,000.
FanDuel also has several day-to-day promotions that range from free bets to parlay insurance and odds boosts. Comparatively speaking, FanDuel is one of the better sportsbooks for bonuses and promotions.
What sports betting apps are legal in Michigan?
The following sports betting apps are legal in Michigan: Barstool Sportsbook, BetAmerica, BetMGM, BetRivers, DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportsbook, FOX Bet, Golden Nugget, PointsBet, TwinSpires, William Hill, and WynnBET. All of these sportsbooks are regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MCGB), which oversees all Michigan casinos and sportsbooks.
What is the best sports betting app in Michigan?
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is our pick for the top Michigan sports betting app. The DraftKings app is one of the easiest to navigate, rarely crashes, updates quickly, and has the most to offer. From placing bets to viewing statistics or promotions, the experience is seamless.
To score mobile apps we rated ease of use, reliability, sports and bets offered, live betting, and app navigation, among other factors. For our testing, we looked at over 20 different sports betting apps and compared dozens of features.
Is FanDuel a good sports betting app for Michigan residents?
FanDuel Sportsbook is a solid choice for MI residents. Although it may lag its top rival in some areas, it gets a lot of the seemingly small details right. For example, when you select a bet, I like that you can instantly bet on it or add it to your bet slip for later. Scrolling through types of bets for a game is also a breeze.
FanDuel vs. Draftkings app comparison: which is better for Michigan residents?
While both DraftKings and FanDuel are two of the best sports betting apps available in Michigan, we recommend DraftKings over FanDuel because of its speed, ease of use, and wide variety of bets and statistics. We've noticed the one area the DraftKings app outperforms the FanDuel app is speed and loading time.
Why choose DraftKings over FanDuel: DraftKings offers pre-game statistics, better education, faster loading times, and a wider variety of bets. Both apps have a ton of great day-to-day promotions.
Why choose FanDuel over DraftKings: FanDuel offers better odds, a more immersive live betting experience (including unique contests), and a more lucrative welcome promotion. Both apps have a ton of great day-to-day promotions.
Is Barstool Sportsbook a good sports betting app for Michigan residents?
The Barstool Sportsbook app is easy to use, great for quickly placing bets, and exceeds the industry standard experience. The only major missed opportunity on both the Barstool Sportsbook mobile app and desktop website is the lack of integration of even more Barstool media content.
How do I bet on sports in Michigan?
The first steps to betting on sports in Michigan are creating an account, funding the account, adding your bet to the betslip, selecting the wager amount, and finalizing the bet. Remember, as long as you are at least 21 years old and within state lines you are eligible to bet on sports.
- Create an account. Every online sportsbook has an online website as well as a mobile app. To create an account on the app or website, you will need your name, address, phone number, social security number, and email address. Creating an account typically takes five to ten minutes.
- Fund the account. Deposit money into your newly created account. In Michigan, standard banking methods include credit/debit cards, PayPal, ACH (e-check), Bank Transfers, Play+ Cards, and PayNearMe.
- Add your bet(s) to the betslip. To do this, click on the bet that you want to place.
- Select the wager amount. Enter the amount of money you want to wager. The bet slip will display your total wager and potential payout. Keep in mind, the potential payout includes the money that you are wagering. For example, in the screenshot below, you are betting $10 to win $8.80. Thus, the potential payout is $18.80 (total wager $10 + potential winnings $8.80).
- Finalize the bet. Place your bet and set an alarm for game time!
How do you deposit and withdraw money at Michigan sports betting apps?
Options vary a little among sportsbooks, but the most common options in Michigan are online bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, prepaid gift cards, and cash at casinos that have partnered with online sportsbooks. It's worth noting that while the sportsbooks themselves don't charge fees, the provider you are using to deposit or withdraw money might charge a small fee.
- Online bank transfers - Available at every Michigan sportsbook, you can link your bank account to your sports betting account. Hundreds of banks are available to link to, so there's a good chance you'll be able to link a checking or savings account. Most sportsbooks use companies such as Plaid to provide incredibly safe bank transfers. We recommend this method over all alternatives, as online bank transfers are free, fast, and efficient.
- Debit/credit cards - Also readily available, you can use a debit or credit card to deposit money. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are all typically accepted as card providers. Pro Tip - Don't use your credit card if you don't have the money. Betting on sports can be risky and you should only bet with money you are willing to lose.
- PayPal - PayPal is offered by a majority of sportsbooks. PayPal, a third-party payment processor, is a fast and secure way to send and receive money.
- Prepaid gift cards - If you are seeking a safe way to responsibly gamble with a preset amount of money, check out prepaid gift cards. Typically offered by Play+, these prepaid gift cards function as any normal gift card.
- Cash - You can also deposit and withdraw money by visiting the casino that the sports betting app is partnered with. For example, in Michigan, you can deposit and withdraw money to your FanDuel Sportsbook account at the Motor City Casino in Detroit. To see what sportsbooks are partnered with each casino, check out the table above.
What is the minimum deposit amount required to open an online sports betting account in Michigan?
Almost all Michigan sportsbooks require a $5 to $10 deposit to open an account. The amount required may vary to be eligible for certain promotions. Here's a comparison of minimum deposits for the most popular Michigan sportsbooks.
|Total Deposit Methods||8||4||8|
|Deposit Min/Max - Debit/Credit Card||$5/$2,000||$5/Varies||$10/Varies|
|Deposit Min/Max - PayPal||$5/$2,000||$5/Varies||$10/Varies|
|Online Bank Transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
What is the minimum amount required to withdraw money at a Michigan online sportsbook?
Almost all Michigan sportsbooks impose a $1 - $20 minimum to withdraw money. The amount required varies based on what withdrawal method you pick. Here's a comparison of minimum withdrawals for the most popular Michigan sportsbooks.
|Minimum Withdrawal||$1 - $15||None Listed||None Listed|
|Total Withdrawal Methods||4||2||4|
|Withdrawal Min/Max - PayPal||$5/Varies||$5/Varies||None listed|
|Online Bank Transfer||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Prepaid Gift Card||No||Yes||Yes|
Can you use bitcoin to deposit money at a Michigan sports betting app?
No, bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not currently available to use to deposit or withdraw money at Michigan sportsbooks. Popular banking options include online bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, and prepaid gift cards.
Can you use dogecoin to deposit money at a Michigan sports betting site?
Dogecoin is not an available deposit option at Michigan sportsbooks. Popular banking options include online bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, and prepaid gift cards.
What sportsbook offers the best odds in Michigan?
Based on 34,000 data points collected over five months and hundreds of games, William Hill offers the best odds of all the sportsbooks in Michigan. William Hill offers good odds on NCAAF moneyline bets, NFL moneyline bets, NCAAB moneyline bets, NBA moneyline bets, NHL moneyline bets, and NHL spread bets.
For comparison, if average NFL moneyline odds on a team are +130 at other sports betting sites, William Hill might offer odds at +140. In this example, every dollar wagered would return $1.40 at William Hill versus $1.30 at other sites.
|NFL Moneyline||Best||Below Average||Average|
|NFL Spread||Below Average||Good||Below Average|
|NFL Total||Below Average||Average||Below Average|
|NBA Spread||Below Average||Best||Good|
|NBA Total||Below Average||Average||Average|
|NHL Moneyline||Best||Below Average||Average|
|NHL Total||Below Average||Good||Average|
|Soccer Moneyline||Average||Below Average||Average|
|NCAAF Moneyline||Below Average||Average||Below Average|
Methodology: To score Odds, Moneyline.com gathered data from 20 sportsbooks over five months. For our 2021 Sportsbook Review, over 34,000 data points were collected for spread, moneyline, and over/under (bets).
What is the tax rate on sports betting in Michigan?
In Michigan sports betting winnings are taxed at your regular rate of income, plus an additional 4.25%. Only your winnings are taxed, not your original bet.
For example, if you bet $100 to win $110 (+110 odds) you will only be taxed on the $110 you won, not the $100 you staked for the bet. Using income tax brackets from Kiplinger, an individual making between $9,876 and $40,125 annually would be taxed at a rate of 12%. Tack on the 4.25% for Michigan and you're looking at a 16.25% tax rate on your winnings. Using the example above, you would have to pay $17.87 on the $110 you won.
When tax season comes around, each sportsbook you have an account with will send you a Form W-2G. Form W-2G is used to report gambling winnings and gambling losses, which may be deductible if adequately itemized.
What sports leagues can I bet on in Michigan?
Michigan residents can bet on almost all domestic and international leagues, which include the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, UFC, dozens of international soccer leagues, and multiple golf and tennis leagues.
- Football - NFL, NCAA, CFL
- Basketball - NBA, NCAA, WNBA, International Leagues
- Soccer - English Premier League, MLS, International Leagues
- Baseball - MLB + International Leagues
- Hockey - NHL + International Leagues
- Golf - PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, International Leagues
- Tennis - All Major U.S. Tournaments + International Matches
- Other Sports - UFC/MMA, Motor Sports, Boxing, Cricket, etc.
How old do you have to be to bet on sports in Michigan?
Anybody who is 21 years or older can bet on sports in Michigan. As long as you are 21 and within state lines, you do not have to be a Michigan resident to bet on sports.
For example, if you live in Ohio and drive into Michigan you will be able to create an online account with any of the sportsbooks listed on this guide.
Do you have to be a resident of Michigan to bet on sports?
You do not have to be a Michigan resident to bet on sports. Geotechnology is used to verify your phone or laptop is within state lines. As long as you are, you can bet on sports. If you live in Michigan and travel to a state that does not have legal betting, you will not be able to bet. If you travel to a state that also has legal betting, you will be able to bet.
If you are a snowbird and travel to Florida in the winter, you will not be able to place bets since Florida does not currently offer legal online sports betting.
When did sports betting in Michigan become legal?
Sports betting became legal at brick-and-mortar casinos in March 2020. Online sports betting in Michigan became legal in January 2021.
Here is a short timeline of how Michigan sports betting became a reality:
- 2018 - Representative Brandt Iden introduced bills to legalize sports betting and iGaming in Michigan. Governor Rick Snyder vetoed the bills before leaving office.
- 2019 - Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed bills H311 and HB4308 into law in December 2019. The laws legalize sports betting at Michigan casinos in early 2020 and legalized online sports betting in late 2020, early 2021.
- 2020 - In March, sports betting launched at Michigan’s three brick-and-mortar casinos located in Detroit. In December, Michigan regulators are working to bring online sports betting to the state in January of 2021.
- 2021 - Michigan lawmakers announced that online sports betting will go live on January 22nd, 2021, right in time for the NFC/AFC championship games in the NFL.
Can I use bet365 in Michigan?
No, bet365 is not currently available in Michigan. bet365 can partner with a Michigan casino to offer legal sports betting, but it has not done so as of June 2021, per Michigan.gov.
Is online poker legal in Michigan?
Yes, online poker is legal in Michigan and launched alongside Michigan online sports betting in January 2021. PartyPoker and PokerStars accept online poker players from Michigan. Both companies have a global presence and are also operating in other U.S. states with legal poker (Delaware, New Jersey, and Nevada).
The following Michigan sportsbooks also offer online poker:
Once Michigan joins the Multi-State Internet Gaming Association, Michigan residents will also be able to play other players in legalized poker states across the country, including Delaware, New Jersey, and Nevada residents. As of May 2021 Michigan had not yet joined.
Can you gamble online in Michigan?
Yes, online gambling is legal in Michigan as of January 2021, as well as online poker and online sports betting. Online casino games consist of online blackjack, online roulette, online slot machines, and online video poker, among others.
The following sportsbooks offer hundreds of online slot machines and casino games, in addition to sports betting:
Is it legal to bet on horse racing in Michigan?
It is legal to bet on horse racing in Michigan. Residents can bet with legal online providers such as TVG, BetAmerica, and TwinSpires. You cannot bet on horse racing from Michigan sportsbooks, except with TwinSpires and FanDuel (through TVG).
Does Michigan offer an online lottery?
Yes, the Michigan Lottery offers residents dozens of legal online slots, including instant, draw, fast cash, pull tab, keno, and second-chance games.
Each lottery dollar is distributed as follows, and can also be seen here: 62 cents to prizes for players, 26 cents to the School Aid Fund, 9 cents to commissions for vendors and retailers, and 3 cents for the Lottery’s ongoing operations and administrative costs. In 2018, $941 million was donated to schools.
What is a moneyline bet?
A moneyline bet is a wager on which team will win the game outright, Team A or Team B. It doesn’t matter if the team you bet on wins by one point or wins by 50 points; as long as they win the game, you win your bet.
More of a visual person? Here's a YouTube video covering moneyline, spread, and total bets.
What is a spread bet?
A spread bet is a wager on which team will cover the spread or point spread. The spread estimates how many points the team that is expected to win (favorite) will win by and how many points the team that is expected to lose (underdog) will lose by.
Favorites have a negative spread (-1, -3, -7), while underdogs have a positive spread (+1, +3, +7). To win a spread bet of -3, the team you bet on has to win by more than three points. To win a spread bet of +3, the team you bet on has to win the game or lose by less than three points.
What is an over/under (total) bet?
An over/under bet is a wager on the total number of points that will be scored by both teams combined throughout the game. For example, if the over/under for a game is 55, you can bet whether the total combined points for both teams will be more than or less than 55.
In the example above, if you bet the over you need at least 56 points to win your bet. If you bet the under you will win your bet as long as 54 or fewer points are scored. If exactly 55 points are scored you push with the sportsbook, meaning you get your money back but don't gain or lose any additional money.
What is a risk free bet?
A risk-free bet is a type of bonus offered by sportsbooks, typically to encourage potential customers to sign up. A risk-free bet ensures that even if you lose your first bet with the sportsbook you don't actually lose any money.
The way a risk-free bet works is simple: When you deposit for the first time your first bet — I repeat, this must be your first bet — is deemed risk-free. Let’s say a sportsbook is offering a $500 risk-free bet. If you bet $500 on a team to win and that team wins, you collect your winnings, and that’s it. The promotion is over. If you lose your first bet, the $500 will be refunded to you.
DraftKings Sportsbook Michigan Summary 2021
DraftKings is the complete package for both new and experienced sports bettors. The variety of sports and bets offered, the outstanding education and statistics, and the unique live betting experience make DraftKings a winner in 2021. /redirect/60afcafe6bfa09eb76787c83?ref=guide&broker=draftkings-sportsbook&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $5
DraftKings Sportsbook Pros
1) DraftKings offers the widest variety of bets I’ve seen so far from a sportsbook. DraftKings offers betting pools, daily fantasy sports, instant bets, and a Sports Betting National Championship contest in addition to all standard bet types.
2) While DraftKings provides top-notch mobile betting and live betting, I was most impressed by the sportsbook’s pre-game statistics and betting trends. DraftKings is in a class of its own in this category, giving users statistics, injuries, team standings, and betting insights to make informed bets. No other sportsbooks offer the same quality or quantity of useful pre-game information.
3) Daily promotions are available for customers, including profit boosts, risk-free bets, and parlay insurance, amongst others.
DraftKings Sportsbook Cons
1) The welcome offer of a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 hasa 25X rollover, the highest of any welcome promotion I've seen.
PointsBet Michigan Summary 2021
PointsBet brings a new style of betting to the United States, and frankly, I'm a huge fan. The opportunity to try your hand at points betting — plus the killer new-customer and creative ongoing promotions — are convincing reasons to open a PointsBet account. Although live betting lacks a few features, the high-quality overall offering at PointsBet makes it one of the top sportsbooks in our book. /redirect/60afce1c6bfa095d22787ca2?ref=guide&broker=pointsbet&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $5
1) PointsBet’s collection of bet types (PointsBetting, props, alternative lines, and especially custom bets) is second to none.
2) PointsBet offers the best welcome bonus, a $500 risk-free bet on fixed odds and a $1,500 risk-free bet on PointsBetting.
1) The live betting experience is rather bland, and lacks a lot of the cool features offered by other top sportsbooks.
FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan Summary 2021
FanDuel Sportsbook is an accomplished offering in every measurable way — and one we recommend for bettors at every experience level. Besides providing the full gamut of classic sports betting features, and a standout live betting experience, FanDuel is an innovator. (A must-see is the live, free-to-play PlayAction contest.) With its steady stream of new promotions, contests, and bet types, FanDuel has clearly staked its claim in the top echelon of sportsbooks. /redirect/60afcc926bfa092e71787c7a?ref=guide&broker=fanduelsportsbook&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $10
FanDuel Sportsbook Pros
1) The seemingly endless variety of bets and prop bets, daily fantasy sports, and free-to-play contests is what makes FanDuel Sportsbook one of the premier sports betting apps.
2) Bonuses and promotions are generous and plentiful — so much so that nearly every day we’re tempted to open the app to see what new and crazy incentives have been activated.
3) The must-see in FanDuel’s already impressive live and mobile betting game is the free-to-play PlayAction contests. It’s an exciting glimpse into the future of live betting.
FanDuel Sportsbook Cons
1) Odds are not as competitive as other sportsbooks.
Barstool Sportsbook Michigan Summary 2021
You don’t have to be a Barstool fan to have a great sports betting experience with Barstool Sportsbook. The site’s betting tools and easy-to-use mobile app put it on par with the best sportsbooks around. For diehard Stoolies, features like Barstool-branded bets and promotions from popular personalities elevate gameplay even more. /redirect/60afb8d66bfa095a66787c76?ref=guide&broker=barstool-sportsbook&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum Deposit: $10
Barstool Sportsbook Pros
1) Stoolies will appreciate the “Betting with Barstool” feature which allows bettors to throw down money on bets created by popular Barstool personalities.
2) Barstool Sportsbook’s mobile app is easy to use, great for quickly placing bets, and exceeds the industry standard experience.
Barstool Sportsbook Cons
1) Educational content is missing the Barstool flare that makes dull things like education fun and exciting.
BetMGM Michigan Summary 2021
Make no mistake, despite being a casino-based brand, MGM is all-in on online sports betting. The BetMGM app provides users with a wide collection of sports and bets to wager on, in addition to a full suite of casino and poker games. /redirect/60afc8ae6bfa099f5e787c78?ref=guide&broker=betmgm&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $10
1) BetMGM’s flexibility allows users to quickly place, edit, and look up an abundant variety of bets (especially prop bets) to make.
2) The new-customer promotion is a risk-free bet of up to $600 is a highlight of BetMGM’s slate of promotions for new and existing bettors.
1) Our main knock is that the mobile app feels a bit slow or sluggish, at times, compared to competitors.
William Hill Michigan Summary 2021
William Hill combines excellent odds and new customer bonus offers with an above-average mobile app. While I wish the sportsbook offered more education and ongoing promotions, there is a lot to like about William Hill. /redirect/60afcf4f6bfa095d22787ca4?ref=guide&broker=williamhill&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum deposit: $5
William Hill Pros
1) William Hill offers excellent bonuses for new customers, competing with the best bonuses in the industry. For existing customers, William Hill does not provide nearly as many ongoing seasonal promotions, but when it does, they are worthwhile.
2) William Hill offers excellent odds for NHL spread bets, MLB spread bets, and NBA moneyline bets, placing #2 in our 2021 odds rankings.
William Hill Cons
1) William Hill’s education section is lackluster and needs to be improved in both quantity and quality.
FOX Bet Michigan Summary 2021
FOX Bet is an excellent choice for any sports bettor who also plays poker and a good choice for anyone who only bets on sports. Weak education aside, FOX Bet matches or exceeds the industry standard, making it a competitive option for sports bettors in 2021. /redirect/60afcbf36bfa09a722787c9e?ref=guide&broker=foxbet&page=/guides/mi-sports-betting&geo=US
Minimum Deposit: $10
FOX Bet Pros
1) Live betting, mobile betting, and the variety of bets offered are all above average at FOX Bet. Both the FOX Bet mobile app and website are easy to use, providing users a well-rounded experience.
2) FOX Bet lets you create your own custom bets and bet on other popular custom bets. This feature is fun, exciting, and only available at PointsBet.
FOX Bet Cons
1) Education is minimal at FOX Bet. As a result, I do not recommend FOX Bet for first-time bettors.
Best Michigan Sports Betting Apps 2021 Summary
Here's a summary of the best Michigan sports betting sites.
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Best Overall
- PointsBet – Best Bonuses and Promotions
- FanDuel – Best Live Betting
- Barstool Sportsbook - Best for Stoolies
- BetMGM – Great Mobile App
- William Hill – Good Odds
- FOX Bet – Best for Poker Players
For Moneyline.com’s annual best online sportsbooks review, we collected more than 36,000 data points over five months from 20 sportsbooks that serve 11 states where full-scale mobile betting is legalized. Hundreds of hours were spent testing and scoring each sportsbook (mobile and online/desktop) in seven core categories: sports and bets offered, odds, live betting, mobile betting, education, ease of use, and bonuses and promotions. The results determined each sportsbook’s overall rating.
Data from more than 1,700 bets (including moneyline, spread and total bets) was used to generate each sportsbook’s comparative odds ranking. Leagues and bet types collected include NCAA football moneyline bets, NCAA basketball moneyline bets, NFL moneyline, spread and total bets, NBA spread, moneyline and total bets, NHL moneyline, puckline and total bets, and soccer 3-way result (moneyline) bets. When collecting odds, we made sure to collect the same games at the same time for each sportsbook, ensuring data accuracy.
About Moneyline.com’s chief sportsbook researcher, Joey Shadeck: I’ve been a hobby sports bettor for more than six years, placing hundreds of bets on my favorite sports (football, basketball, MMA) and teams (Packers, Spartans, and whoever is playing the Lions). Beyond sports betting, I’m known for saying “Wanna bet on it?” in almost any situation and that is how I found out I can eat 42 chicken nuggets in less than 20 minutes.
As of February 2021, 22 different states have legalized sports betting to some capacity. Of those 22 states, the following 11 have legalized full-scale mobile betting: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada (must register in-person), New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
Learn more about how we test.
About the Author
Joey Shadeck Joey Shadeck is the lead writer for Moneyline.com and content strategist for Reink Media Group. He has closely tracked sports betting in the United States for the last two years, compiling hundreds of data points across dozens of sportsbooks. He has 6 years of online betting experience with hundreds of bets placed during that time.