Parx Sportsbook Review
Parx Casino in Bensalem, Pennsylvania is the second online sportsbook in the Keystone State. Bettors can bet at Parx’s physical location in Bensalem, as well as the Betslip Builder mobile app, or online at Parx’s website.
|US Regulated Sportsbook (legal)||Yes|
Parx is a decent offering for Pennsylvania residents looking to dive into sports betting. The sportsbook offers a variety of sports, bets, and banking options; however, the sports betting platform is just average at best. The mobile app lags top competitors and could use an upgrade.
- Parx offers an exceptional variety of bets, including team and player props. Parx is one of a select few sportsbooks that offers 100+ bets on individual rugby games.
- All major sports are offered, including oddball sports such as discus and handball.
- Parx offers a variety of banking options.
- The mobile app does not offer everything the desktop version does, including bettor education.
- Parx does not offer phone support.
- Promotions are limited compared to other Pennsylvania sportsbooks.
- The desktop version of the sportsbook is limited. Customer support is not offered on the desktop bet builder, and bets must be placed using a qr code.
Is Parx Sportsbook Safe?
Parx Sportsbook is considered low-risk, with an overall Trust Score of 79 of 99. Parx Sportsbook is a legal online sportsbook available to anyone in Oregon state lines. Trust Score is determined by a number of factors, such as years in business, legal status, and global footprint, amongst others.
Parx offers parlays, teasers, Asian handicaps, round robins, futures, props, and straight wagers (moneyline, total, spread). The Parx app typically offers over 140 total bets for soccer matches, and 75-100 total bets for NBA, NHL, and MLB games. The variety of bets is well-rounded, with multiple spreads and totals available for most games.
- Parx offers team and player props. Player props tend to be available for baseball, basketball, and football, with fewer props for soccer and hockey.
- Parx offers over 100 bets on most rugby league games, while most sportsbooks only have a handful of wagers.
- The early cash-out feature is offered, which allows users to cash in a bet slip before the game is completed.
- While Parx does a good job covering all the basics, the sportsbook does not offer any exclusive contests like DraftKings or SugarHouse.
Banking Options and Fees
Banking methods include ACH/eCheck, check by mail, Play+, and cash at the Parx casino cage. Documentation will be needed for the majority of first-time withdrawals from players.
|Total Deposit Methods||4|
|No Debit/Credit Card Deposit Fees||Yes|
|Deposit Min/Max - Debit/Credit Card||$10|
|Total Withdrawal Methods||4|
|Check Payout Speed is < 10 days||Yes|
|No Withdrawal Fees - Check||Yes|
|Withdrawal Min/Max - Check||Varies|
Parx offers action on 18 different sports, which is impressive for a new sportsbook. In addition to popular US sports, Parx has bets available on oddball sports such as handball, discus, snooker, and darts. There are a ton of international soccer leagues to bet on, as well as sports popular in Europe such as Cricket and Rugby (league and union).
|Total Sports Offered||17|
|Aussie Rules (AFL)||Yes|
|Sports & Bets Offered|
The odds data below was gathered over the course of several months and contained over 10,000 data points. Data from 21 total sportsbooks were collected for NBA, Soccer, and NHL games, 17 for NFL games, 18 for NCAA games, and 16 for MLB games.
|NFL Moneyline||Below Average|
|NFL Spread||Below Average|
|NBA Spread||Below Average|
|Soccer Moneyline||Above Average|
|NHL Moneyline||Below Average|
|NHL Spread||Below Average|
Parx offers a standard slate of live betting, offering live bets on most sports. The overall selection of bets is pretty good, with a decent amount of diversity.
- There is an events tracker which tracks certain in-game events such as winning a corner kick in a soccer match.
- Instant betting is available for sports such as baseball (ex. Will batter two of inning three record a hit or walk?)
- Resorts Casino offers more live bets than most sportsbooks.
- Parx does not offer a live match tracker or live statistics.
Parx has email support and live chat support available from 12 pm – 12 am EST. Customer support agents are knowledgeable and helpful, and responded promptly during my testing. Customer support is not available on the desktop version of the site. Also, when you open a live chat in the mobile app, you are unable to go back to the main menu. Even when your conversation ends, you must close and reopen the app. This is a minor nuisance that will hopefully be fixed soon.
Parx offers a simple mobile app, allowing bettors to navigate between sports and bets easily.
- Navigating to place a bet is easy, especially with the search bar function.
- The mobile app offers all the statistics and features of the desktop version.
- The app does not include any of the educational guides offered on the website.
- If you accidentally press the live chat button you must ask a question. Otherwise you have to restart the app.
Parx Casino is the largest gaming facility in Pennsylvania, established back in 1974. Parx’s online sportsbook is powered by GAN and Kambi, two global sports betting providers. Both GAN and Kambi are well-respected and work with a notable number of established brands in the US and UK.
Education and Research
Parx offers first-time sports bettors an educational guide on the Parx website but failed to include the guide in the mobile app.
- The PDF guide on the Parx website does a great job of explaining different bet types. Examples are listed for specific sports, such as football, basketball, baseball, soccer, etc.
- The mobile app does not include education.
- There are not statistics or matchup previews in the app, unlike DraftKings.
In addition to sports betting, Parx offers online casino games such as slot machines, baccarat, live dealer tables games, video poker, roulette, and blackjack. These games are NOT yet available in the Parx Casino Sportsbook app. You can play online by signing up at Parx online casino.
Does Parx offer online poker? Parx offers video poker through their online casino but does not offer any players vs player poker.
When this review was written in August, Parx was only offering one promotion. This promotion gave bettors one risk-free bet (up to $250). A risk-free bet means that if your first bet placed is a losing one, Parx will reimburse you the amount of the loss. While this promotion is better than nothing, it doesn’t compare to other Pennsylvania sportsbooks such as SugarHouse.
Parx is an above-average sports betting option for residents of Pennsylvania, offering a variety of sports and prop bets, as well as multiple banking options. Unfortunately, the app doesn’t feel complete since you can’t play casino games and have limited mobile access to educational pages. SugarHouse is a better well-rounded option for first-time bettors and has already worked out all of its initial kinks and bottlenecks.
For Moneyline.com’s annual best online sportsbooks review, we collected more than 36,000 data points over five months from 20 sportsbooks that serve 11 states where full-scale mobile betting is legalized. Hundreds of hours were spent testing and scoring each sportsbook (mobile and online/desktop) in seven core categories: sports and bets offered, odds, live betting, mobile betting, education, ease of use, and bonuses and promotions. The results determined each sportsbook’s overall rating.
Data from more than 1,700 bets (including moneyline, spread and total bets) was used to generate each sportsbook’s comparative odds ranking. Leagues and bet types collected include NCAA football moneyline bets, NCAA basketball moneyline bets, NFL moneyline, spread and total bets, NBA spread, moneyline and total bets, NHL moneyline, puckline and total bets, and soccer 3-way result (moneyline) bets. When collecting odds, we made sure to collect the same games at the same time for each sportsbook, ensuring data accuracy.
About Moneyline.com’s chief sportsbook researcher, Joey Shadeck: I’ve been a hobby sports bettor for more than six years, placing hundreds of bets on my favorite sports (football, basketball, MMA) and teams (Packers, Spartans, and whoever is playing the Lions). Beyond sports betting, I’m known for saying “Wanna bet on it?” in almost any situation and that is how I found out I can eat 42 chicken nuggets in less than 20 minutes.
As of February 2021, 22 different states have legalized sports betting to some capacity. Of those 22 states, the following 11 have legalized full-scale mobile betting: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada (must register in-person), New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia.
About the author: Joey Shadeck Joey Shadeck is the lead writer for Moneyline.com and content strategist for Reink Media Group. He has closely tracked sports betting in the United States for the last two years, compiling hundreds of data points across dozens of sportsbooks. He has 6 years of online betting experience with hundreds of bets placed during that time.